Robbie Hirschsohn & Frazer Jackson
Ed Burlingham started his Rugby career in 1974 at Irvine Coast RFC in Newport Beach California following a successful four years of College Basketball at the University of California Irvine. He worked his way quickly through Southern California and Pacific Coast Grizzly selections leading up to the awarding of his first cap against the New Zealand All Blacks in 1980.
Ed went on to earn 14 caps for the US National Team and captained the Eagles during the first Rugby World Cup in 1987. He captained the Eagles during his 7-year campaign with the USA Rugby team in games against Canada, England, South Africa, Japan and the 1983 tour of Australia. Ed was also named to the prestigious North American Barbarian team to tour South Africa in 1982.
Ed Burlingham has been active with USA Rugby since his playing days ended and was named Assistant Coach of the 1991 Eagle Rugby World Cup squad. He is now involved with Back Bay RFC in his hometown of Newport Beach and has served as Club President and Head Coach as well as assisting with many other Club responsibilities.
Ed Burlingham was inducted to the USAR Hall of Fame in 2015 and is a life member of Back Bay Rugby
- Kilmarnock Rugby Football Club, Scotland (1992-2008)
- Back Bay Rugby Football Club (2008-2016)
- Back Bay Rugby Football Club (2012-2016)
- Secretary for Back Bay Rugby Football Club (2009-2012)
- President for Back Bay Rugby Football Club (2013-2016)
- Secretary for Southern California Rugby Football Union (2016-)
- Player Achievements
- Coaching Experience
- President for Back Bay Rugby Football Club (2018-2019)
- President for Back Bay Rugby Football Club (2019-2020)